Company: Ecovyst, Inc.
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Energized by an over 200-year history as part of PQ Corporation
our company is now simpler, stronger, leaner, nimbler and solidly
positioned for growth. Ecovyst is a pure-play catalyst and services
company. As catalysts for positive change, our technologies play a
critical role in supporting ecological health, and propelling
expansion and growth for our customers.Our long history of
innovation expertise and close customer collaboration supports the
development of proprietary catalysts and services across our two
industry-leading businesses, Ecoservices and Catalyst
- Ecoservices provides specialty grade high purity virgin
sulfuric acid for a number of diverse and growing end uses. Among
them are mining, particularly copper for electronics applications,
production of lead acid batteries for all types of vehicles, water
treatment, and agricultural products.
- Catalyst Technologies business is a leader in engineering
proprietary and customized technologies for cleaner fuels,
emissions control and waste reduction
At Ecovyst, we are prioritizing and accelerating our growing and
greening initiatives, and are putting sustainability for a safer,
cleaner, healthier world at the forefront of our forward strategy.
At Ecovyst, we are ready for change.
We are currently on the hunt for a Production Engineer for our
location in Hammond, Indiana.
- We are not offering visa sponsorship for this role at this
- We are not offering full relocation for this role at this
- Train Operators on assigned units/tasks.
- Review and update assigned unit(s) Standard Operating
Procedures when changes are made.
- Monitoring of implementation of HSE activities and follow-up
and correction of discrepancies.
- Involved in coordination activities between operations and
- Handle environmental record updates required on a monthly
- Improve current DCS alarm management protocols.
- Participation in risk assessment audits (JSA, etc.) as
- Participate or lead incident investigations and implement
- Provide technical expertise and day-to-day engineering support
for the assigned unit(s).
- This position primarily focuses and analyzes on long-term
improvement within the assigned unit(s).
- Develop and safely implement engineering projects within
allocated budgets and time schedules. This includes resolving all
personnel and process safety issues, as well as contractor
- Understands the assigned unit(s) production process, including
plant equipment, operating parameters, and overall process
- Utilizes knowledge of processes and equipment to monitor and
drive long-term improvement in assigned unit(s) performance
- Analyze and understand failures through Root Cause Failure
Analysis (RCFA) methodology and implement corrective actions.
- Utilize MOC process to manage and document changes from
inception to installation, update P&IDs and SOPs, and train
operators on changes.
- Monitor Unit Optimization indicators, analyze compliance
issues, propose solutions, and drive issues to resolution.
- Participate in monitoring Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
and Maximum Daily Capacity (MDC) restrictions and assist with
analysis and debottlenecking plans.
- Monitor daily raw material and finished good inventory levels,
and forecast future levels. Set daily production rates. Write daily
production and shipping instructions.
- Oversee shutdown, work execution, and startup with emphasis on
safety, schedule and quality.
- Support planning, execution, and documentation of turnaround
- Periodically serve as On Duty Supervisor
- Supervise contractors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Prepare for and lead assigned unit(s) safety meetings.
- Lead and support the plants efforts to improve the plants
- Coordinate, lead, and participate in the plants regulatory
- Participation in risk assessment audits (PHA, CTA, JSA, etc.)
- Drive compliance efforts with all PHMP and PSM requirements,
including but not limited to: HAZOP Reviews, Pre-Start Up Safety
Reviews (PSSR), Incident Reporting, and Management of Change
- Support incident free culture and drive HSE Excellence through
a continuous focus on safety and environmental responsibility.
- Perform safety observation audits.
- Perform safe work permit audits.
- Participate on HS&E teams/meetings to address safety and
- Follow Life Saving Behaviors and use Stop Work Authority.
- Properly inspect, use, and maintain PPE in accordance with PPE
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all applicable site,
corporate and regulatory safety and environmental requirements.
- Familiarity with industry standards & practices (OSHA, API,
- Familiarity with PSM/RMP regulations.
- Ability to comprehend equipment, P&ID, loop, etc
- Ability to perform basic fluid flow, heat transfer, mass
- Understanding of chemistry.
- Basic ERT awareness (ICS, Fire Extinguisher Training, First Aid
+ CPR, HAZWOPER).
- Works well under pressure ability to meet tight deadlines with
- Strong communication/inter-personal skills able to inspire and
encourage the use of best practices at plant sites, able to
communicate with plant staff, GBU management, and regulatory
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with shop
- Must well versed in MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, & Outlook. SAP
experience a plus.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
or equivalent combination of education and experience. (Chemical
Engineering is preferred).
- 2-5 years chemical plant, refinery, and/or engineering
experience. Additional Information:
- Demonstrates cooperative spirit.
- Fully understands own role and the roles of others.
- Is receptive to the ideas of others.
- Is agreeable to requesting and/or offering assistance during
peak workload periods.
- Helps less experienced co-workers.
- Shares new or updated information.
- Maintains individuality but supports the decisions of the
- Manages work priorities to contribute to team efforts and
- Works to resolve conflicts.
- Motivates the team.
- Learns and applies techniques for working in teams.
- Presents a positive, supportive image of team.
Keywords: Ecovyst, Inc., Hammond , Production Engineer, Engineering , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...