Aquatics Director II
Company: The National Council of Young Men's Christian Asso
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Join one of the fastest-growing associations in the country! Job
Description This position supports the work of the Y, a leading
nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth
development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The
Aquatics Director II is responsible for but not limited to: manages
program operation, development and growth, participant
satisfaction, member and staff retention and safety, staff
supervision, onboarding, training, and coaching. As an Aquatics
Director II at the Y, you lead an environment that is inviting and
serves all. Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- Certified CPR/First Aid/AED within designated time of
- Acquire and maintain CPO within 90 of hire.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must have high level of alertness, concentration, and
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong leadership qualities and work as a team member
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn
other software programs.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Develop, coordinate, market and evaluate all program offerings
- Lead the recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and
supervision of team members.
- Lead, conduct, and role model successful swim lesson
- Maintain Lifeguard and Swim Instructor certifications with
instructor/trainer level preferred.
- Conduct Lifeguard in services monthly.
- Define department targets and evaluate performance around
achieving goals while motivating staff.
- Implement the risk management program to ensure safe facilities
and programs for members, volunteers, and staff.
- Ensure emergency preparedness through regular emergency drills,
in services and department assessment.
- Ensure that all staff maintain current required
- Monitor, purchase and maintain necessary equipment through
scheduled and preventative maintenance.
- Develop and manage annual department budget. Submit monthly
variance reports and accurate budget forecasts. Ensure programs
operate within budget and established standards. Continuously
display effective and efficient fiscal management.
- Attend, actively participate, or lead all required staff
training, meetings, and program development activities.
- Support the strategic direction of the Association and
appropriate cabinets and work groups .
- Perform office duties as needed such as filing, copying, record
keeping, and payroll completion.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners, and other
collaborative organizations and agencies related to portfolio.
Respond to all participant and community inquiries in a timely
- Play a key role in the Annual Campaign by ensuring all staff is
asked to give and provide a reply; by facilitating or supporting a
campaign effort or event; by collecting and sharing stories of Y
impact; and by engaging volunteers in our cause-driven work and/or
- Maintain licensing compliance records inclusive of pool
chemistry testing, patron load, staff certification, drill &
Inservice completion, OSHA compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Mission Advancement : M o
dels and teaches the Ys values.Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives.Provides volunteers with
orientation, training, development , and recognition. Cultivates
relationships to support fund-raising. Collaboration: Champions
inclusion activities , strategies, and initiatives.Builds
relationships to create small communities.Empathetically listens
and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing
with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the
appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching,
guidance and support. Operational Effectiveness : Provides others
with frameworks for making decisions.Conducts prototypes to support
the launching of programs and activities.Develops plans and manages
best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and
manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high- quality results
using a formal process to measure progress. Personal Growth :
Shares new insights. Facilitates change/ models adaptability and an
awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods
to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or
performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills
required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates
up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Keywords: The National Council of Young Men's Christian Asso, Hammond , Aquatics Director II, Executive , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...