Company: Gast Manufacturing
Posted on: September 19, 2023
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
Gast Manufacturing is seeking to hire an Accounting Manager at our
Global Headquarters located in Benton Harbor, Michigan. This
rewarding role has the opportunity to work closely with business
leadership to provide impactful financial information and drive
business performance. Gast Manufacturing plays a leading role in
critical pneumatic applications across healthcare, environmental
and industrial markets and is well-positioned for growth.
The Accounting Manager will focus on Financial Reporting and
General Accounting as an onsite Manager. They will be the go-to
person for financial accounting within Gast; an IDEX Corporation
company. This person will report directly to the Gast Finance
Director in Benton Harbor MI and will lead the accounts receivable
and accounts payables teams.
- Ensure all financial monthly/quarterly financial statements,
reports, and account reconciliations are prepared accurately,
completely, and on-time
- Adhere to IDEX internal policies, Generally Accepted Accounting
- Manage the audit processes and serve as the local Audit Leader.
Supports and coordinates all internal, external, and SOX audit
- Support Payroll Process, in coordination with internal and
- Manage team of employees responsible for accounts receivable,
accounts payable, journal entries, and account
- Assist with the coordination of the annual operating plan,
including uploads and cost center details.
- Assist with the organization and running of the annual physical
- Prepare and manage fixed asset accounting process
- Responsible for the implementation and review of robust
internal controls, monitoring compliance, and for the maintenance
of adequate documentation compliant with SOX and IDEX Corp
- Other duties, as assigned
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 - 7 years related accounting experience
- Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP) and SOX
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams
- Supervisory experience and/or project leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to
interact clearly and confidently with all levels in the
organization and with external sales representatives, customers,
vendors, and others as required
- High level of integrity and ethical standards
- Strong work ethic with a curious and resilient nature
- Strong leadership and team building and talent development
skills and a sense of urgency
- JD Edwards experience preferred; advanced Excel skills
- OneStream experience is ideal
- Continuous Improvement Experience (Six Sigma, TPM, Kaizen/Rapid
Improvement Events) is preferable
Success in this position requires the ability to build a strong
partnership with the Director of Finance and Business Unit Senior
Managers. These relationships must be built on respect, integrity,
cooperation, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the
- Clear, precise communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a
demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and present data.
- Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver
results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals
of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and
outside the organization.
- Detail and process-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow-up
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability
and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are
limited in the ability to access or use this online application
process and need an alternative method for applying, we will
determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our
Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by
individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not
inquire as to the status of an application.
Keywords: Gast Manufacturing, Hammond , Accounting Manager, Executive , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!