Medical Route Truck Driver
Posted on: September 3, 2020
Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and
South America and one of the largest worldwide . Praxair produces,
sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases ,
and high-performance surface coatings . Our products, services and
technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing
efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of
industries , including aerospace , chemicals , food and beverage ,
electronics , energy , healthcare , manufacturing, primary metals
and many others. For more information about the company, please
visit our website at www.praxair.com .
Praxair Distribution, Inc. is seeking a Medical Route Truck Driver
(CDL A or B) to join our team located in Hammond, IN.
Medical Route Driver
- Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas
cylinders and medical liquid cylinders to deliver to customers on
scheduled route. Customers may include patient's homes, physicians,
labs, vets, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical
• Follows all Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to
proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety
• Work in accordance with all DOT and Linde standards and policies
including but not limited to Speed Management, Seat Belts, Cones
and Hours of Service.
• Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas
cylinders and medical liquid vessels for delivery to customers on a
scheduled route. Customers may include medical patients in their
homes, physicians' offices, laboratories, veterinarians, hospitals
and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
• Record each delivery and pick up on a load manifest and obtain
signatures from customers to comply with all regulatory
• Safely loads and unloads cylinders on vehicle using hand truck or
forklift and record cylinder type and quantity
• Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance and
maintain vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
• Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
• Listen to and resolve service inquiries and
• Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, document
deficiencies and ensure all safety items are in good working
• Communicate with customers; providing information on ordering,
delivery times, and maintaining proper cylinder levels.
• Gain comfort level for communicating with, and going in and out
of the homes of, medical patients.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
by environment or job task.
• Train or educate customers on safety, use and hazards associated
with the use of medical gas equipment. As appropriate, assess
customer understanding of same.
• Assess safe use, appropriate care and storage of medical gases in
medical patient's home environment.
• Report unsafe use or situations to supervisory staff.
• Document observations, education and communication in the patient
• Maintain load manifests, FDA lot numbers and all other vehicle
documents. Ensures manifests are properly completed and balanced
with truck counts and shipping documents before and after
• Follow all safety rules and report any accidents or injuries
promptly to management.
• Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse
• Assist with inventory and general housekeeping.
• Maintain DOT hours log.
Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma, GED or 10 years' experience within current
• 3 years driving experience - CDL Class A or Class B with current
• 3 years clean commercial and personal driving record
• Clear understanding of map reading
• Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service
• Basic computer skills
• Home care/health care background is a plus
• Dangerous Goods Card is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Praxair, Hammond , Medical Route Truck Driver, Healthcare , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!