Company: Electric Motor Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 4, 2021
Purpose:Able to operate setup and use working equipment; such as
lathes, mills, balancers, restack, banding, etc. and able to
perform a variety of metal machining tasks. The candidate must have
experience and knowledge of metal machining equipment and
processes, visual inspection techniques, manual measuring
equipment, and electrical testing equipment; such as calipers,
micrometers, meggers, indicators, etc. Must have a detail oriented
attitude and be capable of writing detailed records of machining
processes. Must be willing and able to learn company and customer
specific policies, procedures and work instructions.Reports to:The
Plant Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for loading, setup and machining of traction motors
components, such as armatures, shafts and commutators;
- Ensures and verifies that all work is performed to applicable
standards, policies, procedures, work instructions and customer
- Responsible for correctly and completely recording all required
data onto work order documents and records.
- Responsible for correctly and completely entering all required
data into FileMaker, the business ERP system.
- Ensures and verifies that each product's model, serial, part,
purchase order numbers match the traveler.
- Ensures and verifies that for all work performed and in-process
quality inspections have been performed and deemed as
- Performs the daily function of a machinist.
- Able to lift 50lbs, as needed, without assistance, must be able
to stand for extended periods of time.
- Follows the Policies and Procedures listed in the Quality
Management System manual that impact production and quality, data
entry and safety.
- Checks equipment calibration status and reports any
malfunctioning or out of calibration equipment.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret work
instructions and technical manuals
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime, as assigned
- Must be able to work in a shop floor environment
- Must have initiative and require minimal supervision
- Must be able to clearly complete paper work and records of work
performedSkills/Qualifications:High School DiplomaCarry a machinist
journeyman, or apprentice card.Able to work to a high degree of
precisionExperience with metal working machinery and equipment.Able
to read and understand blueprints and other engineering
documentation.Able to reproduce one-of-a-kind components using
various machines and processes.Experience with railroads, Class 1,
AAR and EASA standards and specifications, highly preferred.Good
mechanical aptitude.Must have a tool chest and a basic tool set,
calipers, micrometer, wrenches, sockets, etc.Must be proficient
with hydraulic, air and electrically powered tools.Must be
proficient with torque wrenches and other measuring tools.Must be a
proficient and safe operator of overhead cranes, forklifts and
other lifting equipment.Proficient user of MS Office programs; i.e.
Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, etc.; desirable.Proficient
user of calipers, micrometers, gages and other mechanical measuring
equipmentUser of electrical testing equipment, such as,
multi-meters, Megger, Hi-Pot, continuity, voltage, amperes, ohms,
etc.Good verbal and written communications skillsPerforms all
duties in safe manner that will not cause injury to self or others.
Handles pressure, calmly and safely. Gives feedback and maintains a
safe and healthy working environment.
Keywords: Electric Motor Services, Inc., Hammond , Machinist, Other , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!