Posted on: April 4, 2021
Purpose:Responsible for the operation of shop floor ovens, VPI
tank, burn and strip process, dip tank, sand blasting,
grease/grind, shop floor garbage and scrap.The candidate must have
some experience and knowledge of sand blasting, steam cleaning and
power washing equipment and know how to use basic hand and power
tools, pneumatic impact wrenches, operate overhead cranes and
forklifts.Must have a careful and safety oriented attitude to avoid
and prevent injury to self and others. Must be able to follow
written work instructions and be willing and able to learn company
and customer specific policies, procedures and work
instructions.Reports to:The Plant ManagerDuties and
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks as required
- Responsible for correctly and completely recording any required
data onto associated documents and records.
- Performs the daily function of a Laborer and other duties as
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret work
instructions and technical manuals written.
- Able to lift 50lbs, as needed, without assistance, must be able
to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ensures and verifies that all work is performed to applicable
standards, policies, procedures, work instructions and customer
- Follows the Policies and Procedures listed in the Quality
Management System manual that impact production and quality, data
entry and safety.
- Must be able to clearly complete paperwork and records of work
- Must work in a safe manner and be aware of the dangers and
hazards associated with tools, lifting devices and electrical
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime, as assigned.
- Able to operate an overhead crane and drive a fork lift
- Must have initiative and require minimal supervision
- Reports any malfunctioning or out of calibration equipment
- Must be able to work in a shop floor environment.
- Must act in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Must adhere to plant PPE requirements.
- Perform sand blasting, operate VPI and/or dip tank, burn and
strip, loading and unloading of ovens and daily garbage and
- Other duties, as assigned.Skills/Qualifications:High School
Diploma or GEDExperience with rotating electrical equipment
(motors, generators, blowers and fans) highly preferred.Experience
with railroads, Class 1, AAR and EASA standards and specifications,
highly preferred.Knowledge and experience of ISO 9001 Policies
(highly preferred), Procedures and Work Instructions.Must be a
proficient and safe operator of overhead cranes, forklifts and
other lifting equipment.Proficient user of calipers, micrometers,
gages and other mechanical measuring equipment,
desirable.Proficient user of electrical testing equipment, such as,
multi-meters, Megger, Hi-Pot, surge tester desirableGood verbal and
written communications skillsPerforms all duties in safe manner
that will not cause injury to self or others. Handles pressure,
calmly and safely. Gives feedback and maintains a safe and healthy
Keywords: Monster, Hammond , Laborer, Other , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!