Posted on: April 4, 2021
Purpose:Responsible for performing a variety of mechanic
assembly and dis-assembly tasks including but not limited to the
teardown of AC/DC motors and Generators. The candidate must have
experience and knowledge of mechanical assembly tools and
processes, visual inspection techniques, manual measuring equipment
and electrical testing equipment; such as calipers, micrometers,
and electrical multi-meters.-- Must have a detail oriented attitude
and be capable of writing detailed records of assembly processes.
Must be willing and able to learn company and customer specific
policies, procedures and work instructions.Reports to:The Plant
ManagerDuties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing a variety of mechanic assembly and
dis-assembly tasks including but not limited to the teardown of
AC/DC motors and Generators.
- Ensures and verifies that all work is performed to applicable
standards, policies, procedures, work instructions and customer
- Responsible for correctly completing all required data onto
work order documents and records.
- Responsible for correctly and completely entering all required
data into FileMaker, the business ERP system.
- Ensures and verifies that for each product handled all prior
work and in-process quality inspections have been performed and
- Able to operate an overhead crane and drive a fork lift
- Performs the daily function of a mechanic.
- Able to lift 50lbs as needed without assistance. Must be able
to stand for extended periods of time.
- Follows the Policies and Procedures listed in the Quality
Management System manual that impact production and quality, data
entry and safety.
- Must work in a safe manner and be aware of the dangers and
hazards associated with tools, lifting devices and electrical
- Reports any malfunctioning or out of calibration
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret work
instructions and technical manuals written.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime, as assigned
- Must be able to work in a shop floor environment
- Must have initiative and require minimal supervision
- Must be able to clearly complete paper work and records of work
- Must act in an appropriate and professional manner
- Must adhere to plant PPE requirementsSkills/Qualifications:High
School Diploma or GED plus additional education, training and/or
experience in the mechanical field.Experience with rotating
electrical equipment (motors, generators, blowers and fans) highly
preferred.Experience with railroads, Class 1, AAR and EASA
standards and specifications, highly preferred.Good mechanical
aptitude.Must have a tool chest and a basic tool set, wrenches,
sockets, etc.Must be proficient with hydraulic, air and
electrically powered tools.Must be proficient with torque wrenches
and other measuring tools.Must be a proficient and safe operator of
overhead cranes, forklifts and other lifting equipment.Proficient
user of calipers, micrometers, gages and other mechanical measuring
equipmentProficient user of electrical testing equipment, such as,
multi-meters, Megger, Hi-Pot and surge tester desirable.Able to
read and understand blueprints and other engineering
documentation.Able to work to a high degree of precisionGood verbal
and written communications skills.Performs all duties in safe
manner that will not cause injury to self or others. Handles
pressure, calmly and safely. Gives feedback and maintains a safe
and healthy working environment.
Keywords: Monster, Hammond , Mechanic, Other , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!