ISM Security is currently recruiting for
Full Time Armed Security Officers to work at financial site located
in Northwest area of Indiana.
Started in 1974, ISM Security is one of the
largest privately-held security services providers in Northwest
Indiana area and we are growing! Join a leading company in
one of the fastest growing industries.
Armed Security Officer responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Train and qualify to work assigned post. Understands the
specific and general post instructions for that assigned post.
Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post
instructions that are called for by the client.
- Maintain access control procedures set by building
- Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management
systems and CCTV systems as needed.
- Identify all visitors and/or guests upon arrival.
- Ensure visitors and vendors are properly signed in prior to
accessing the building.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft on
- Monitor security cameras that may be within the facility.
- Respond to incidents including property emergencies.
- Conduct general patrols of the entire property during various
hours, if required, including numerous flights of stairs and
frequent patrols of the exterior in any weather
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Assist vendors and/or visitors with directions and general
- Clearly and accurately record data such as property damage,
unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of equipment, to building
and ISM management.
- Maintain clear, accurate logs pertaining to people or
- Provide Customer Service to all parties encountered while on
- Respond to unusual or emergency situations at client’s site
using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including
armed response by following established protocol only when
necessary and within ISM's policy guidelines.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective
equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: High School diploma or general education
degree (GED) and 1 year prior satisfactory
employment of as a security officer or directly related
experience. Must be at least 21 years
Registrations: Valid Indiana Concealed Carry
Permit, maintain a valid state ID or drivers license.
Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand
English. Bi-lingual considered a plus.
Qualifications: Ability to pass pre-employment drug
screen and criminal background check. Must maintain a working
telephone number though which we can contact you.
The physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. A list of these job duties is inclusive of, but not
limited to: candidates must be able to stand for extended periods
of time; be able to lift, push, and/or pull at least 50 lbs.; be
able to accommodate foot patrols on the interior & exterior of the
assigned facility; be able to perform assigned duties regardless of
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation is between $11.00 and
$12.00 per hour based on experience, plus
paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, paid holidays,
and pension/retirement benefits. Skills-enhancing training and
opportunities for career growth and