Registered Nurse (RN) - Cath Lab
Company: 1591-Northwest Health La Porte
Posted on: November 12, 2021
The Cath Lab RN provides direct and indirect patient care in a
therapeutic manner focusing on a multidisciplinary approach.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for individual nursing
practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks
consistent with the nurse's obligation to provide optimum patient
- Associate Degree in Nursing required. Bachelors Degree
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- BLS required
- ACLS certification within first six months
- Basic ECG interpretation course completed or successfully
tested out within 3 months of hire
1-3 years of experience in Cardiac Care OR 2 years of ER, Cath
Lab, IMCU, ICU or CVICU hospital experience preferred.
Specific nurse duties and responsibilities can
- Assess the patient in a systematic, organized manner
- Collecting and prioritizing data relative to immediate
condition and anticipated needs
- Formulates a nursing plan of care for each patient based on
nursing diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient
- Plan care which includes goals and prioritizes nursing
approaches or measures derived from the nursing diagnosis
- Implement strategies to provide the patient with health
promotion, maintenance, and restoration
- Evaluate with the patient the status of goal achievement as a
basis for reassessment, re-ordering priorities, new goal setting,
and revision of the plan of nursing care
- Seek educational resources and create learning experiences to
enhance and maintain current knowledge and skills for his or her
continuing competence in nursing practice, and individual
- Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing
team based on patient care needs and competencies of available
nursing staff as necessary.
- Communicate information appropriately with Medical Staff and
other members of the health care team to promote continuity of care
and attainment of patient expected outcomes.
- Acting as a patient advocate
- Adapts teaching to the educational level and cognition state of
each patient to promote maximum understanding.
- Communicates effectively with the Charge Nurse, Manager, and
Director to ensure that problems or opportunities to improve unit
activities are addressed.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients,
physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to the
- Actively participates in department committees and group
meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of
- Consistently demonstrates behavior that reflects that working
as a team is more important than self-interest.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/co-workers, respecting
their dignity, privacy, and differences
- 1-3 years of experience in Cardiac Care OR 2 years of ER, Cath
Lab, IMCU, ICU or CVICU hospital experience
- Associates or better in Nursing or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- L-IN-RN License
- C-AHA ACLS
- C-AHA BLS Basic Cardiac
Keywords: 1591-Northwest Health La Porte, Hammond , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cath Lab, Other , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!