College Connect - Sales Academy, July 2022 - Nationwide
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
Want to start a career in Sales but not sure where to start? -
Start an AMAZING sales career with Lumen by joining our July 2022
Sales Academy, a College Connect program. -
If you are a new or recent graduate who is driven, highly motivated
and goal oriented, with a -passion for building relationships and
working with customers to solve their technology needs, the Lumen
Sales Academy is THE program to help you launch a successful career
in technology sales. -
Be a part of our sales team, transforming industries across the
globe and changing the world one connection at a time. - As a
technology sales professional at Lumen, you will assist companies
to capitalize on emerging applications and power the 4th Industrial
**ABOUT THE SALES ACADEMY EXPERIENCE:**
- 3-year Sales development program - designed to help you have a
successful and meaningful career journey at Lumen
- Initial 10 -weeks of virtual- classroom style immersive training,
coaching, and development
- Training class dates: July 11th - September 16th, 2022 -(virtual,
work from home)
- Learn technical and sales fundamentals for success from proven
- Understand Lumen's AMAZING platform and full product and
solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market
- Build prospecting skills to drive success in lead generation and
new client sales.
- Learn technical and professional fundamentals from proven sales
- Network with Sales Academy and SE class peers, sales leaders, and
business executives from all over the organization
- Upon completion of training, transition to an Account Manager
role within a major sales market; Arizona, California, Colorado,
Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri,
North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee,
Texas, Utah, Virginia/DC area, Washington, Wisconsin.
- Continued support, development, and coaching in the field.
**THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES**
**SPECIFICS FOR OUR SALES ROLE:**
- Focus on generating sales leads, through prospecting activities,
using lead-generation and research tools.
- Expand Lumen's customer base by proactively qualifying leads and
sales prospects by understanding business profile, buying process,
requirements, and timeline expectations.
- Formulate solutions and present products and solutions
persuasively and effectively while linking benefits to the client's
business objectives and needs.
- Produce new sales from prospects and current Enterprise customers
via various outreach methods.
- Must have a sense of urgency and respond to inquiries within
- Successful performance demonstrated by achievement of monthly
**WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE**
- Bachelor's Degree required. - Business, Marketing, Sales,
Communications, or similar degree (preferred).
- New or Recent graduate with less than 2 years of sales
- A history of leadership in extracurricular activities, such as
sports, student government, societal membership
- Ability and ambition to thrive in a fast paced, complex
- Always demonstrate a positive attitude and act with
- Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to
- A self-starter who is motivated to excel in Enterprise Business
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize.
- Interest in prospecting with demonstrated ability to conduct
outreach method such as prospecting and cold calling.
- Ability to show adaptability and resilience in various
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate individuals who can
define impact by examples of customer service, projects, or work
- Passion for customer service and desire to understand and
introduce new technology to customer base.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical problem solving
and closing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Potential to relocate for the sales position. **Relocation
assistance available for those who qualify**
- **Ability to participate in the training program uninterrupted
from July 11th - September 16th, 2022.**
***Authorization to work in the US; sponsorship is not available
for this program.***
**WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT**
After submission of your application, you will be invited to
complete a virtual video interview. - This will be an opportunity
for you to expand on your background and experience. - We ask that
you complete the video interview within 5 days of application for
continued consideration in the program. - Don't see the invitation?
Check your SPAM folder for the invitation from HireVue. -
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background
screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug
screen), depending on the requirements for the position.
-Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify
you from the new position or -your current role. -Background
results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). -We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records. -
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. -Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales
compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for
long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you
can view additional informationhere. We're able to answer any
additional questions you may have as you move through the selection
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad
range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and
perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial
wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Keywords: Lumen, Hammond , College Connect - Sales Academy, July 2022 - Nationwide, Other , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!