Personal Banker II - Hammond
Company: Fifth Third Bank
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to
take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third
Selected candidates are intended to become a Retail Personal Banker
II after completing a 4-8 week on-boarding and education program
that includes rotations in Operations and Sales & Service. There
will be a certification at the conclusion of the program to provide
selected candidates the opportunity to demonstrate skills necessary
to successfully perform a role within the Retail Personal Banker
job family. The Retail Personal Banker II role is a sales position
with a primary focus on sales development and relationship building
through the promotion of deposits, loans, fee-based services and
the retention of customers. Responsible for selling a full range of
banking products and services to meet existing and prospective
customer's needs, while providing specialized care and service to
existing and prospective bank customers. Utilize and promote the
consultative sales and service process, using the prescribed tools
and interacting with the staff for referral activity.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and
opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and
procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing
for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and
behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating
within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently
identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks
of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use the consultative sales process and Financial Needs
Assessment to build a thorough customer profile and identify
current and future financial needs.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Retail consumer and small
business products/services and recommend appropriate solutions
using our value proposition.
- Utilize CAMP and other approved Marketing tools to proactively
reach out to customers and set appointments for periodic financial
- Primarily focused on cross-selling to existing customer base
and engaging in outside sales activities (i.e. Membership Advantage
onsite presentations, business sales calls, community financial
literacy events, etc.) as directed.
- Establish close working relationships with assigned Business
Partners (Mortgage, Small Business, Commercial and Investment),
referring customers when appropriate to provide timely, and
holistic financial solutions.
- Consistently meet/exceed customer experience and
individual/team production goals and enhance year-over-year revenue
growth as measured by the Financial Center P&L.
- Provide guidance to CSRs with respect to the sales and referral
- Promote customer satisfaction with a friendly, helpful demeanor
- Act with confidence by answering customer questions and owning
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all
- Follow the Bancorp Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and
other related policies, maintaining ethical behavior at all
- Adhere to established policies and procedures while
opening/servicing the full range of Retail products.
- Participate in the consumer loan and bankcard process, owning
sourced loans from application through closing.
- Participate in the opening/closing process of the Financial
Center or Bank Mart as directed by the Financial Center
- Keep up to date on Retail procedures in place to mitigate
fraudulent activity and unnecessary risk or exposure.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College degree or work experience providing transferrable
skills or combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop comfort level with sales
activities designed to acquire new consumer household and small
business customers and/or cross-sell to established
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of advanced math
functions that will allow for analysis of credit and financial
- Ability to professionally represent Fifth Third Bank in terms
of appearance and verbal/written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a working knowledge of Retail
policies and procedures in order to utilize good judgment in making
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of
employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides
the MU4R questions and registration Required for employment in this
- Normal office environment.
- Extending viewing of computer screens.
- This program will require the ability to travel within the
affiliate for training as well as scheduling flexibility.
- Travel outside of the affiliate will be required for various
classroom training sessions.
Personal Banker II - Hammond
LOCATION -- Hammond, Indiana 46320
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged
and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment
opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color,
gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, Hammond , Personal Banker II - Hammond, Other , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!