Posted on: November 12, 2021
Kelly Engineering has a Direct Hire opportunity for an
Automation Technician in Chicago, IL (just North of Midway) 2nd
Shift, Incredible benefits! Job Description Position: 2nd Shift
Automation Technician Job Purpose & Scope Support production and
other departments by troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining,
upgrading, and building machinery as directed by preventative
maintenance (PM) plans, work orders, and calls. Continuously
improve methods, techniques, machinery, and other as needed to
positively impact the organization. The Automation Technician
troubleshoots and repairs robotics, electrical, mechanical,
hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, electro-mechanical control
systems, and supports the PLC based control systems. Key
Responsibilities & Job Content
- Focus on our highly automated production lines including metal
forming, vision systems, robotics, state of the art packaging
- Install, maintain, and repair production machinery and
- Plan maintenance and repair procedures. This will include
power, electric, and electronic control. Diagnose problems.
Determine what repairs are required and what equipment, supplies,
and skills are needed to complete the repairs.
- Plan sequences of operations for fabricating & installing new
- Submit purchase requisitions or make components for assigned
- Operate machine tools as required to install and repair
equipment (for example, torches, welders, drill presses, parts
cleaning, band saws, forklifts, jib hoists/cranes, high lifts, and
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Closure of
maintenance work orders in a timely manner with a high level of
quality. Experience using a CMMS system to manage work orders and
PM tasks is a plus.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area for all employees. Maintain
compliance with all safety policies and standards.
- Train new/current employee in basic machine operations to
increase machine knowledge to maximize utilization; relieve
operators and setup personnel, as necessary.
- Recommend & execute cost saving improvements, safety, and
- Ensure comprehensive and complete communication with oncoming
- Work with outside contractors and maintain positive, long-term
relationships with suppliers. Utilize a variety of communication
tools including cell phone, email, text, Zoom, Teams, Skype, etc in
an international setting.
- Document all work in a neat and legible manner. Ensure that all
documents are maintained within the CMMS system.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management or as the
situation requires. What you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of automation maintenance experience
- Minimum of 5 years of troubleshooting, repairing, and
maintaining electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic
systems experience required.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding in troubleshooting
electro-mechanical control systems and PLC based control systems,
relay ladder logic, and PLC troubleshooting.
- Experienced in general mechanical maintenance of production
machinery to include reading blueprints, pneumatics, hydraulics,
and ordering machine parts.
- Possess knowledge of electrical wiring repairs and
installation, AC/DC controls, blueprints, schematic diagrams,
pneumatics, and hydraulics diagrams. Must have the ability to
document control circuits and keep track of changes to PLC
- Ability to use a variety of small hand tools, power tools,
hoists, and material handling equipment.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and ability
to communicate with all level of employees and suppliers.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
and troubleshooting software.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Ability to stand much of the time, able to lift 50 lbs, and
availability to work overtime when necessary. Why Kelly -- ? Your
engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right
fit? Easy. With Kelly-- Engineering, our experts connect you with
leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on
innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top
technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of
short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term,
we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering
job. About Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly, Hammond , Automation Technician, Professions , Riverdale, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!