Environmental Technician I
Company: Clean Harbors
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Clean Harbors in Hammond, IN is looking for Environmental Techs to
join their safety conscious team! Environmental Techs are
responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous
waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and
handling of hazardous materials.
Responsibilities of this role include confined space entry, working
at heights and working alongside various types of equipment. This
is a physically intensive.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Pay for you to obtain your CDL;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by
complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and
acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs tasks associated with hydro blasting (including
- Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions
throughout the shift;
- Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and
- Operates light and heavy equipment including: skid steers,
forklifts, pressure washers;
- Wears a respirator as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Six months of labor experience;
- Valid driver license is required;
- Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all
procedures and policies;
- Ability to travel overnight up to 3 weeks at a time and work on
an on-call basis;
- Willingness to shave and wear a respirator as needed;
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all types of weather
doing physically demanding work;
- Ability to work well in a team environment is critical.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission
is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment,
recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is
the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial
services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto
Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is
on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial
services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and
proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis
of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
*CH Associated topics: air monitoring, climate, conservation,
ecology, epa, farm, ocean, water, water monitoring, wetlands
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Hammond , Environmental Technician I, Professions , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!