Company: Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Title: - Maintenance Technician
Location: - Hammond, IN
Overview: ?Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of
professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at
every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company,
Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across
the U.S. - -Hire Type: - Direct hire -Job Summary: - This position
actively troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs preventive,
predictive, and corrective maintenance activities on production and
facilities support equipment and systems. A Maintenance Mechanic
applies technical knowledge to maintain the assets to the highest
possible standards. -
-Job Duties -
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical
- Perform equipment modifications and rebuilds.
- Perform routine maintenance welding and minor fabrication.
- Perform general building maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is properly maintained in
order to manufacture a safe, legal, and quality product.
- Ensure that work areas are clean that Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP' s) are fully complied with.
- -Qualifications -
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be able to
understand and interpret equipment training manuals and
- Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with
technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing
experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of electrical
distribution and control circuits.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of PLC theory and
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted; periodically
lift up to 100 lbs. -Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Inc., Hammond , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Hammond, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!